St. Mark's Religious Education
St. Mark the Evangelist has embraced the Generations of Faith model of religious education. All members of the parish family are invited and welcomed to monthly festivals of learning. Dinner is served to our guests while discussion, centered on the theme, is encouraged. Through the creative arts such as music, drama and storytelling, the theme is further developed.
- Click here to read LouAnn's Farewell Letter
- Click here for a 2018-2019 GOF Calendar.
- Click here for a 2018-2019 GOF Registration Form.
- Click here for "The Story of our Faith" Module 1: The Beginning
- Click here for "The Story of our Faith" Module 2: The Savior Comes
- Click here for " The Story of our Faith" Module 3: Jesus Begins His Ministry
- Click here for "The Story of our Fiath " Module 4: The Last Days of Jesus' Life
This year our Generations of Faith theme is an exploration of the Gospel of John. Through the stories in John we encounter Jesus. We read of His power to heal and save us. We realize that Jesus’ journey takes Him from the Bethlehem crib to the Jerusalem cross. His life is our gift of forgiveness and salvation.
We hope that you will join us for fellowship, prayer, and discussion. Come and grow your faith knowledge while strengthening our Catholic community.
St. Mark the Evangelist
Our teens meet for traditional classes to prepare for Confirmation, which is a two-year program beginning in the ninth grade. Classes are held one Sunday evening a month from 6:30-8:00 pm in the parish center.
- Click here for the 1st Communion/1st Reconciliation Registration Form
- Click here for the Year One registration form.
- Click here for the Year Two registration form.
- Click here for the 2018-2019 Confirmation Calendar.
The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) and Children's Catechumenate is the process for initiation into the Catholic Church for those people who have not been baptized, have been baptized in a different Christian tradition, or who have baptized Catholic and have not received the sacraments of First Eucharist and Confirmation.
If a person would like to complete the initiation process, he or she is welcome to join us for the journey. Please contact our Department of Religious Education at 860-236-3545 about the Period of Inquiry.
During 10:30 am Mass, our youngest children are called to participate in age appropriate reflection on the week's readings. The priest will invite the children to go with one of our experienced teachers while the rest of the parish community listens to the readings and homily. The children return and process in during the offertory. Parents are always welcome to accompany their children downstairs.
Click here for the current Sunday children's liturgists schedule.