St. Gianna Parish Council
The Parish Council is not another lay organization of the Parish, but rather a shared effort of the clergy, religious and laity to collaborate in the ministry of the Parish community. The Parish Council is convoked by the pastor and ceases to exist when that pastor terminates his Parish assignment or withdraws his approval of the Council. The Council functions in an advisory capacity to the pastor.
The Parish Council is a consultative body of the parish.
The main purposes of the Council are:
- To advise the pastor on present and future directions for the parish community based on the mission of Christ and the presence of the Holy Spirit; and
- To assist the pastor as an instrument for sharing the mission of Jesus and His Gospel, building His Community, celebrating His liturgy, and serving His people.
The primary tasks of the convoked Council are:
- To develop itself into a praying, unified Christian community;
- To establish goals and objectives for the parish and prioritize implementation for those goals and objectives;
- To coordinate parish-related activities and insure that goals, objectives and priorities are implemented to promote meaningful dialogue and decision-making among the parish community; and
- To identify and encourage the use of gifts and talents of all parishioners for the good of parish and local community.
- January 22, 2018
- March 6, 2018
- May 28, 2019
- September 24, 2019
- November 25, 2019--corrected
- February 10, 2020--corrected